We at St. John's Lutheran School encourage each student to pursue academic excellence. We believe that the pursuit of academic excellence is one that prepares, motivates, and inspires our students to face the challenges of high school and beyond. It also helps our students realize their purpose before God. Our faculty teaches high standards using God's Word of truth in an atmosphere of love. We believe that excellence is a result of providing a Christ-centered teaching staff and curriculum. These enable students to become lifelong learners, fully equipped to evaluate the issues of life using biblical principles, a biblical worldview, and wisdom.
For more information, please call us at 734.654.6366 and set up your child's Educational Success Consultation!
We at St. John's Lutheran School endeavor to produce eighth grade graduates:
- who are well prepared in all academic disciplines, and are skilled in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and thinking
- who are proficient in mathematics, science, and problem solving
- who have knowledge and understanding of people, events, history, and the cultures of other peoples and places
- who appreciate literature and the fine arts and understand how they express and shape their beliefs and values
- who understand the importance of cooperation and team ethics through athletics
- who have the ability and desire to investigate and find information and answers to questions on their own
- who know how to utilize resources including technology to find, analyze, and evaluate information
- who have the ability to present ideas and research in visual and/or auditory format with clarity and quality
- who plan for the future, setting achievable long- and short-term goals
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."
Philippians 4:8 (ESV)
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men..."
Colossians 3:23 (ESV)
"But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace also."
2 Corinthians 8:7 (ESV)
"Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity..."
Titus 2:7 (ESV)
"His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire."
2 Peter 1:3-4 (ESV)
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."
1 Peter 2:9 (ESV)
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness..."
2 Timothy 3:16 (ESV)