St. John’s Lutheran School offers Christ-centered high-quality full day preschool designed to set up young scholars for future academic, emotional, and social success. With Mrs. Puchalsky and Mrs. Murphy our classroom ratio is never greater than 1 to 10. With this ratio, our educators are able to accommodate and differentiate the individual needs of each one of our students.
The goal of St. John's Preschool Program is to give our students the foundation needed for success in kindergarten not only academically, but spiritually, socially, and emotionally. We provide this foundation by believing that each child is uniquely created by God and helping to strengthen their diverse abilities for success both inside school and in their homes.
Play is a critical part of learning in preschool. Young children learn and develop speech and language skills, problem solving skills, cognitive skills, social skills, literacy skills, and both gross and fine motor abilities. Play is incorporated in our curriculum each and every day.
- Using Handwriting Without Tears and Zoo-Phonics your children will:
- Practice writing the letters everyday
- Identify capital and lower-case letters
- Identify the letters in their name
- Have their name on the word wall under the beginning letter
- Have a word wall journal - the beginning of the year they will draw a picture that goes with the word or write the word that correctly matches with a picture
- Will be able to write their name with proper capital and lowercase letters
- Will "read" a book that has words that begin with the letter of the day
- Throughout the school year, your children will:
- Count how many days are in a month
- Practice writing the numbers 1-10
- Be able to estimate how many objects are gathered
- Will perform play-based counting
- Will begin to identify geometric shapes during play time
- Based on the time of year, our curriculum adapts to involve current scientific thoughts. On a given day, your children will:
- Recognize season based objects (e.g. apples, snow, flowers, etc.)
- Be able to describe the weather every day
- Learn about about God's creations through observation and play
- Since Christ is the center of our education, he is incorporated in all aspects of our school day. Some of the ways your children will experience Biblical education are through:
- Reading a weekly Bible story using Little Lambs Early Childhood curriculum and a children's Bible. By the end of the week, your child will be able to tell the details of each story
- Praying for friends and family daily
- Saying the Common Table Prayer before both snack time and lunch
- Being reminded each day before they leave the classroom that Jesus loves them so much that he forgives them for everything
Schedule an Educational Success Consultation today to visit our principal and preschool teacher about the opportunities available for your preschool student at St. John's Lutheran School.